Website by Mac Enterprises

Elmore County Elections

Judge John E. Enslen, Chief Elections Officer

Copyright © 2013 Elmore County, Alabama.   Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy


Verify Voter Registration or Absentee / Provisional Ballot Status

Voter Lookup

Identify Polling Place and Voting Districts

Find My Polling Place

View Elmore County Election Results As They Are Received On Election Night

Live Election Results

Print a Downloadable Voter Registration / Absentee Ballot Request Form

Request Absentee Ballot

Print a Downloadable Mail-In Voter Registration Form

Register to Vote

Approximate number of registered voters in 2017:      54,369     (as of December 12, 2017)

List of Elected Officials

Military and Overseas FAQs

How can I get help if I have questions about the voting process?

Contact your Unit Voting Assistance Officer. If you have access to a computer, e-mail the Elections Division of the Alabama Secretary of State. You may also log on to the Website of the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP), which provides information for servicemen and women overseas. The FVAP also helps all military personnel with access to a DSN phone. Dial toll-free DSN 425-1584.

Most of the instructions refer to my legal voting residence and my county of residence. As a member of the armed forces who has been transferred, what is my official residence?

For voting purposes, your residence can be either the place you last resided before entering service, or it can be your new legal residence. Military and family members may change their legal residence each time they change permanent duty stations, or they may choose to retain their original residence. Consult a legal officer before changing residence, because other factors besides voting must be considered.

I know the city that is considered my residence, but what if I don’t know the name of the county?

The Alabama Secretary of State Website has a City / County Inquiry page which allows citizens to find their county by choosing their city name. You may also call the office of the Alabama Secretary of State toll-free at 1-800-274-8683.

Must I have my ballot notarized or witnessed?

The absentee ballot’s outside return envelope has an affidavit that must be sworn to before a commissioned officer, notary (or other person authorized to administer oaths) or by two witnesses (at least 18 years old).

Do I have to pay postage to vote?

In general, all election-related materials for servicemen and women can be mailed postage-free from any APO or FPO mail facility, from all U.S. embassies and consulates, and from any post office in the United States. You must pay postage if the materials are mailed from a non-U.S. postal facility. If you download the absentee application form, you must put it in an envelope and pay postage.

What are the instructions for members of my family who are stationed with me?

Family members follow the same procedures as military personnel.

Do I need to register to vote in Alabama prior to each election?

Applications submitted by military personnel and U.S. citizens residing overseas are valid for a period of two election cycles. However, these voters should ensure that they keep their mailing addresses updated with their counties’ Boards of Registrars and with the Absentee Election Managers.